Our members pay annual dues of $35. This entitles them to:
* 12 guild meetings a year – currently meeting through Zoom. Each month we enjoy informative lectures, trunk shows, and socializing with a great group of enthusiastic quilters.
* Guild hosted workshops presented by local/nationally recognized quilt instructors. Members receive first priority for workshops and pay a lower fee than non-guild members.
* Show and Tell at every meeting - show off your skills and be inspired by the creations of other members. Send photos of your creations to Ellen H. for inclusion in the zoom meeting’s Show and Tell.
* Yearly guild quilt challenges – expand your creative reach and sharpen your skills by participating in our anni- versary challenge, a new theme each year.
* Charity Sews - active and ongoing, benefitting local fire houses, women’s shelters, cancer care groups, Sea- mens Institute, and other worthy charities.
* Quilts in the Mill show - opportunity to exhibit your quilt at the CHQ biennial quilt show held at the Prallsville Mill in Stockton, NJ. Our next show is scheduled for October 2022.
* Monthly Guild News– through newsletter and President’s Bulletin – keep up to date on guild activities, but also local quilt related events.
* December Holiday Party – currently by Zoom, with games and contests.
* CHQ Membership Roster, distributed 4 times a year. Keep in touch with your quilting friends!
* Quilters Library - free access to books, magazines, patterns and tools, from traditional classics to the latest trends of the quilting world – all available to borrow on a monthly basis. Contact our Librarian for access information.
Chance to exchange ideas and talents with fellow quilters, learn new techniques, make new friends! What does the guild ask in return? Your enthusiasm, and a little of your time to keep the guild thriving and strong. As per our bylaws, your responsibilities as a CHQ guild member in good standing:
* Make 3 handmade items for the Quilts in the Mill biennial show
* Sell 20 raffle tickets for the biennial raffle quilt
* Keep membership active by paying yearly dues
And, attend meetings with a smile, give a little of your time to a committee, keep stitching and creating to share your skills and talents with the guild and others!!