One of the successful fundraisers held during our CHQ biennial quilt show has been a raffle of mini quilts made by the guild members. The raffle is conducted in tricky-tray fashion, with the drawing on the afternoon of the last day of the show. It’s a great opportunity for members, other quilters and non-quilters to take a chance at taking home a small piece(s) of quilted art made by CHQ members.
In the past we’ve raffled 50-60 mini quilts per show.
CHQ Members - Please consider making at least one Mini for our next Courthouse Quilters Guild Show. Here are the rules for Mini construction:
1. Your Mini can represent any theme and can be traditional, modern or an art quilt, either from a pattern or your own creation.
2. Your Mini can be as small as 6”x6” (minimum) or as large as 24”x24” (maximum).
3. No cheater cloth.
4. Your Mini can be machine or hand quilted; no tied quilts.
5. Your Mini should have a label with quilt title (optional), your name, county, state, date and Courthouse Quilters. That way the lucky winner will know all about their new quilt and who made it. It’s not necessary to add a hanging sleeve.
6. Your Mini must be handed in by no later than the September meeting. This will give the committee time to photograph the Minis and finalize other details.
Minis can be given to Mary R. or Joan L. at any guild meeting.